Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why does the 'I' thought get lost?

I was wondering: Sri Ramana says that in every thought there is the 'I' thought, so, how can we know if it is there and why does is get hidden?

Initially, I dismissed it as something trivial and instead thought it is good to find the 'I' instead of thinking as to why it is lost. Then, while speaking with Bhatta, I got an answer.

Every thought that comes is about something, or someone and when it occurs, the only thing I know is about what is being thought. So, I become that something or someone and in the process, have lost myself.

So, If I can just BE and not BECOME, what else is needed?
Jai Sri Ramana!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Advaitavedanti said...

I'm blessed that you mention me on a concise, yet a lovely, post; pls discount my memory that fails to recall the talk we'd!

The thought objectifies the I when it occurs; but I wonder why you call the I as a *thought* in the first line.

7:40 AM  
Blogger raghav said...

Thank you Bhatta!

Bhagavan Ramana says that the I-thought is the first thought to arise and only after that do the others arise.

By I-thought, I meant individuality, or the seemingly separate individual from The Self.

Sri Ramanarpanamastu.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Advaitavedanti said...

Yeah, I guessed that later. Sorry! :)

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home